Well, I guess it’s been quite a while since I have written any ‘Get to know me better’ kinda stuff ever since my last nomination to the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award‘ way back in November of the previous year. That and the fact that I had an empty slot staring right at me finally forced me to write this post out.
(Cool backstory, eh?)
Anyways, we’d better get started!
Wanna know you better!
A. The introduction
This challenge was started by Riya, our fellow blogger whom I recently discovered when I was nominated by my blogging sister, Rashi. Riya’s blog is a diverse collection of poems, quotes and articles. And her poetry has that amazing quality of engulfing you into a world of its own. I would definitely recommend you guys to check it out!
Riya basically initiated this challenge as a fun way to know more about other bloggers. And I guess she has definitely been successful in her mission so far.
Thanks a ton, Riya!
B. The Acknowledgement
I was handed over this challenge a couple months ago (yes, you read that right. It’s definitely months) by none other than our dear guest blogger, Rashi Singh. Thanks a lot, sis!
Her home/primary blog titled, Fictive Finesse, has a promising and enchanting collection of poetry and short stories. Her poem titled ‘Open’ and her series titled ‘Company’ are my personal favourites.
Do check them out sometime! Trust me, you won’t be disappointed at all!
C. The Q&A
And now we come to the most demanding part of our session today. The crux of it all.
I. The A to your Q
1. What really makes you angry?
Well… A lot of things, to be honest😅 I am not an epitome of patience for instance. In fact, I am really far from it. But one thing that really sets me off is when people tend to repeat their mistakes again and again. And again. Yeah, that will rile me up.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Huh. Interesting. Honestly, I have never thought about this. So I don’t know what to say. Like I’d like to roam around the world if somebody would sponsor me! But… Just one place? Then I guess it’ll be a wildlife sanctuary far away from the buzz of the concrete jungles. Just me, my DSLR and mother nature.
3. What has been your best moment this year?
😅 I think I’ll go with the day my results came out. The day which officially proclaimed me as a doctor, all set to begin my internship. Although, there’s a close contest between that day and the day I took my Hippocratic oath, 12 days later…
4. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Neither, actually. I usually sleep at 11 and wake up at 6/7 depending on whether I have to go to work or not. And try as I may, I can’t keep myself awake beyond 1 am or get up before 6.
In short, yeah I love my sleep.
5. How do you deal with stress?
Distractions, I guess. Like blogging or playing the keyboard. Or just trying to calm down by telling myself that I am not alone. That billions of people have gone through the same thing and have made it to the other end pretty well.
And if nothing works, phone a friend! ☺️
6. What do you think are your three best qualities?
Why, oh why? Giving a pompous lad a chance to brag is like playing with a naked flame! But well… You asked for it.
I am passionate about things. Like if I really set my heart on to something, I usually end up doing it. That BTW, is a double edged sword. And I have borne the brunt of it multiple times.
Analytical. I love solving puzzles. Especially those which present to me in real life. Yet again, if I get carried away, I find myself trapped in a vicious cycle of overthinking.
Going by the rules. Usually, when I do something, it is thorough and in accordance with a pre determined protocol, thanks to my ‘quality’ right above this one.
‘Do it right or don’t do it at all’ is kind of my motto.
Sadly, it ain’t compatible with real life.
7. How would you describe your personality?
Impulsive, I guess. And also headstrong. Talented, but prone to fallacies. Introverted, yet loves to hang out occasionally. My Myers-Briggs personality is an INFP. And for those of you who don’t know what that is, I’d recommend you to visit the website 16 personalities, and take their test. It’s amazingly accurate. And also very insightful and informative.
8. Which of my posts is your favourite? Why?
Well… I have 3 contenders here to be honest, Rashi. But I guess I’d go with What is happiness to you?. For not only did you manage to weave a heartfelt, nostalgic tale, but the message you have concluded with also rendered me speechless. Yeah, I think that post has been your best so far.
9. What is your favourite colour?
Blue. Navy more than sky.
10. Would you prefer sciences (including math) or languages?
Languages, I think. Because my love for writing and literature does beat my thirst for knowledge by a decent margin. But seeing that I am a doctor already, I guess I don’t have a choice anymore, huh?
II. The Q for your A
Now, it’s time for me to return you the favour. My questions!
(That’s how villainous laughter is spelled, right?)
- The reason/ inspiration behind your blog.
- Sun? Or Moon?
- Are you a night owl? Or are you a morning person?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
- Any fictional character you think you relate with the most. And why?
- How do you deal with stress?
- Which one of my posts is your favourite? And why?
- You are the last remaining person on this planet. What would you do?
- Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? Why so?
- What is your definition of ‘true happiness’?
D. The nominations (Guinea pigs.)
(I mean, let’s face it. There’s no reward. It’s just me and my questions. Poor things.)
Here is the list of people who have been condemned to answer my questions.
1. Bhavya of ‘Bhavya’s creative corner’
2. Shreya Vohra of ‘Phoenix with a Pen’
3. Laleh Chini of ‘A voice from Iran’
5. Winnie of ‘Musings’
E. The rules
In case you have been unfortunate enough to be selected as a nominee, then you need to follow the steps given below so as to relieve yourself of the burden and pass it on to your fellow bloggers.
- Title the blog post as “Wanna know you better!!”
- Describe Riya’s blog and a put link to her post.
- Describe and thank the one who nominated you.
- Copy all the questions and answer them one by one.
- You may create your own questions for your targets
- Pass the game as a challenge to any of your favourite bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Add a link of your post in the comment section below so that people may come to know about you, your blog and your fun. (in the comment section of Host’s post)
- State the steps.
BTW, in case you guys didn’t get it all along, I was being my usual sarcastic self, alright? There is no compulsion to attempt this challenge at all! However, if any of you guys did find this challenge interesting and would like to participate then feel free to do so. Just let me know by linking back to this post. For I’d love to read your replies!
Until next time, folks!